In order to create questions or respond to questions, you will need to be logged in.
Find out more in this blog post: Trip’s community Q&A service
Notes about questions
Please try to answer the question first by searching Trip - do not abuse the system by asking without searching first. This could result in a poorer experience for all
Be as concise as possible, if the question is too long you can add extra detail in the ‘more information’ box. The word limit is to allow for Tweeting of the question, so boosting response rate.
Do not post patient-identifiable information (breaches will result in removal from this service).
Uncertainty is central to health care, so asking questions is normal and healthy
Do not expect an answer quickly - it may happen, we just can't tell you when!
- 18 Jun 2019 What, in your view, is/are the best examples of the use of personalised medicine?
- 12 Jan 2020 I am trying to locate papers covering the implications or benefits associated with the administration sequence of chemotherapy drugs, to patients receiving day treatment. This is outside of the rule vesicants, followed by irritants with vesicant properties etc. This is pertinent to cases where both drugs to be administered are irritants for example.
- 13 Dec 2019 Which foods can increase or decrease platelet count?
- 12 Dec 2019 Can man carry the BRCA gene for breast cancer?
- 6 Nov 2019 What is the treatment of renal insufficiency in multiple myeloma?
- 22 Oct 2019 How can nurses improve end of life care for patients in acute hospitals?
- 1 Oct 2019 Combining relative risks:additive or multiplicative e.g lung cancer and RR Smoking 25 pack years and asbestos occupational exposure 40 years
- 29 Sep 2019 What is the risk of gynaecological cancers in women using HRT or OCP? In women under hormonal replacement therapy or oral contraceptive pill, I am wondering what could be the risk of ovarian, uterine, vaginal and vulva carcinoma aside from well known breast cancer.
- 14 Sep 2019 What is the value of digital rectal examination in patients with PSA < 3? And does performing the examination raise the PSA? If so, for how long?
- 7 Sep 2019 For people who have had early stage breast cancer and who are at high risk for recurrence/mets, are there still no screening methods for Mets beyond waiting for symptoms to occur?
- 30 Aug 2019 mucositis cancer ozono
- 17 Jan 2020 What is the evidence behind the capacity issues we have in systemic cancer treatment services in the UK? We know that SACT/chemotherapy services are struggling in the UK - what are the measures behind this? What has been tried to address is, and were they successful? Thank you!